Title: Meat Processor/Cutter:Wilson Ave, Grand Rapids MI
Location: MI:Grand Rapids
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi:billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 15th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customer:centered, competitive spirit, freshness, and familyness. Meijers Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, michigan
, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, indiana
, and kentucky
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for an Meat Cutter. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for assisting in the daily cutting of fresh beef, pork, and grind. The individual will also follow the production schedule to meet requirements for advertised fresh meat cuts.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Assisting in the writing of fresh meat orders
* Organizing and checking in fresh meat deliveries
* Maintaining a positive working relationship with customers, team members and leadership
* Familiarity with weights and measure processes specific to meat processing
* Ability to understand and follow specific safety and sanitation procedures
* Experience in product presentation and packaging
* Experience using computer
Assisted Ordering applications
* Current handjack/hilo license
* Experience with inventory control procedures
Thank you for your interest in this position. There may not be current openings for this position at this time. By submitting an application to this position, you are expressing interest should an opening become available in the future. Our recruiters routinely review available applications as openings become available.